Sunday, December 15, 2013

Oven Roasted Potato Tacos

I tried something new tonight... I made up my own recipe with no inspiration from another. I was craving potatoes and something spicy and slightly greasy. I also have kale in my fridge that I wanted to use. So I came up with Oven Roasted Potato Tacos!

Recipe: 
5-7 small red skinned potatoes cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1-2 tsp olive oil
salt and seasonings of choice

Bake potatoes at 400 for 25 minutes.

I sauteed a jalapeno and a small red onion in about a teaspoon of olive oil. I then added pinto beans and a few sprinkles of tabasco sauce. After about two minutes, I added the kale and cooked until it was soft. Top with avocado and hot sauce on a tortilla of choice. Boom. Easy dinner. 



During the process, I had to have Nathan run out for tortillas, and I spilled about a quarter of the can of pinto beans down the sink. Because I am clumsy. Still delicious and totally worth the little screw ups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment