Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Smoothies!

Maybe it's the warmer weather, but I have been totally obsessed with smoothies recently. I've been eating a smoothie for breakfast every day for over a year, but now they've been working their way into snacks and even the occasional dinner. I use the No Meat Athlete smoothie formula as follows.

1 soft fruit (banana or avocado)
2 small handfuls (~1 cup) frozen or fresh fruit
protein powder
binder
+/- oil
1-1.5 cups liquid
+/- sweetner
Greens
"Superfood" add ins

My example-
Banana
1 cup frozen berries
1 scoop Raw Protein-Vanilla
2 tbsp ground flax
1 tbsp chia seeds
Kale or spinach
1 cup coconut water

This is my go to smoothie. It comes to about 400 calories, 7 grams of fat, and 20 grams of protein. If I need more fat, I add in a tablespoon of coconut oil. Occasionally I'll use chocolate almond milk and add in some peanut butter. Nom. 

What are your favorite smoothie recipes?


No comments:

Post a Comment