Thursday, January 17, 2013

Gun control, stress eating, and other rants.

So I'm feeling some stress tonight. First off, I have seen several posts on Facebook and elsewhere talking about how Sandy Hook was a hoax or conspiracy by the Obama administration to get people riled up about gun control... Are you fucking kidding me? Seriously? Lots of people died, most of them small children and you are going off on crazy rants? I guess there is a 30 minute video to go along with this, but I have a life and no time to watch a 30 minute gun crazy circle jerk. No one is coming to take away all of the guns.  We just want the rules that we have to be enforced and some new ones to be made to make these massacres less frequent. Someone posted a comment to the video in question saying that if Vicki Soto would have had a gun, the whole thing could have been stopped. This makes me rage on a whole new level. My little sister is a first year teacher, and the picture that really made Sandy Hook hit home to me was the picture of Vicki's sister waiting to hear of her fate. I feel like Vicki could have been my sister, as I know Angela would do the same thing in that situation. And the thought of her carrying a gun to school makes me so angry. A hand gun would have done nothing. The guy was wearing a bullet proof vest and had an automatic weapon. He would have gotten off 10 shots before she drew the gun anyway. Enough about guns...

I have been under some stress for the past few days, and I find it fascinating how my reaction to stress has changed. I used to curl up into a ball, smoke 10 cigarettes, and eat $20 worth of Taco Bell by myself. Now, I did just send Nathan for some volcano nachos, but I also went for a run tonight. I crave exercise now instead of cigarettes or tons of food. I'm still letting myself eat what I want, just lesser quantities. My goal is to maintain my weight and keep working out while I'm so stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment