Friday, January 4, 2013

Noms

One of my favorite parts of the week is meal planning. I lay in bed with my dogs and turn on one of my shows (usually Grey's Anatomy!), and start my weekly recipe search. As I mentioned in my previous post, I am mostly vegetarian. I do it for health reasons and the ethical and environmental implications are a bonus. My body simply feels better when I don't eat meat. 

My weekly staple is nachos. On Monday nights, Nathan and I take our break from the gym and have a date night to start the week. I make my nachos with black and pinto beans, cantina chips, whatever cheese I have on hand, red onions, jalapenos, and guacamole. We always look forward to nacho nights!

I like to try at least two new recipes per week and the rest are old recipes. I also make at least 3 meals during a marathon cooking session on Sundays to avoid eating out during the week. It saves so many calories and so much cash! 

My goal for 2013 is to eat more real foods. I would like to hit my "goal weight" by the end of the year, so maintaining my fitness and diet will be important. Anyone have any good vegetarian recipes?



Note: My sister, Angela, told me that I should explain what "crunchy" means. I use crunchy as granola aka "hippie." I don't consider myself a hippie, but crunchy has been used to describe me by several people, and I kind of like it! 

Have a happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment